Hello Public Laboratory Community:
1) Google will be scanning maps created by our community to possibly be imported into GoogleEarth/Maps. Be sure to export maps and click public domain license.
2) Home made kites are sexy! Don’t believe us? Check out these photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lizbarry/7741080632/in/photostream/
3) Pix4d auto-stitching is a viable alternative to manual methods, Photoshop, or Image Composite Editor. Pat Coyle and Mat Lippincot demonstrate this with this research note and map: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/mapknitter/8-8-2012/mapknitter-pix4d-processed-robertson-park-livermore-ca
4) Our spectral library is growing at spectralworkbench.org and a new illustrated guide to making your very own spectrometer has made its way to our instructables: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/warren/8-6-2012/illustrated-guide-spectrometer-construction
5) Over 10 research notes by 6 different users this week!!!
Check out some research notes:
Gas escaping from a collapsing salt dome: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/eustatic/8-6-2012/gas-some-hydrogen-sulfide-escaping-collapsing-salt-dome Bayou Sauvage Draeger tubes after 4 days: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/shannon/8-6-2012/bayou-sauvage-draeger-tubes-after-4-days Motivation to modify our balloon kit into a an air quality monitoring station: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/eustatic/8-6-2012/monitoring-industrial-h2s-sources-new-orleans-area