Hello all, happy 4th in advance, and here's our latest recap from PL's Web Working Group:
Foldaways are a small but important change to wiki editing -- a feature where you can hide or "fold away" some in-depth content so that readers may choose to "dive deeper" if they like. You can read about how to use them on the Authoring Help page. They look like this on the page:
I've used them already, on the Oil Testing Kit page
Kep Peterson, who joined as our sysadmin, has been setting up a wildcard SSL certificate, which will fully encrypt PublicLab.org for better security across our platforms. More on this soon.
Work this coming month will focus on a new graphing and analysis system for Spectral Workbench (in support of the Oil Testing Kit), as well as some coding on the WhereWeBreathe project and the Spectral Workbench Macros system.
A reasonable amount of small work was done on PublicLab.org - the newly relaunched blog and some refactoring, as well as enabling upload of KML and GPX were some highlights. Read more on Github Pulse.
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/254 Create an expandable "read more" section for wiki pages 6 hours ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/296 dropdown on Blog 6 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/292 allow KML and GPX upload 6 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/284 Rearrange "about" drop down 6 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/223 refactor Like and Follow code to JS file 7 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/243 support site-wide notifications via the database 15 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/294 bower install problem ENORESTARGET No tag found that was able to satisfy ~7.4 (for jquery-file-upload) 16 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/293 db:seed error: Data too long for column 'field_capture_date_value' . 16 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/286 the death of research note templates? 22 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/285 mock up "Share/Learn" button 22 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/plot2/issues/290 maps not showing up in profile 22 days ago
MapKnitter saw three issues closed and three new ones opened, with no big changes. Read more on Github Pulse.
- https://github.com/publiclab/mapknitter/issues/182 Problems with export in MapKnitter 2.0 a day ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/mapknitter/issues/185 Circles not tracking with image 5 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/mapknitter/issues/184 pick the images on top 6 days ago
Spectral Workbench saw three issues closed, including an optimization to address outages and some export functions revisions. Five new issues were also opened. Read more on Github Pulse.
- https://github.com/publiclab/spectral-workbench/issues/130 assign anonymous authors to an "anonymous" user_id and optimize queries 7 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/spectral-workbench/issues/128 issue with json? Error using python 21 days ago
- https://github.com/publiclab/spectral-workbench/issues/122 Both CSV downloads return same document 21 days ago
Thanks to everyone who's helped out, and for another great month!