While anyone may join Public Lab and take part in developing and applying Do-It-Yourself pollution monitoring techniques, the Public Lab non-profit also supports fellowships that emphasise peer production projects working on community environmental health issues. Fellowships activities can include:
* Researching and publishing on methods for accessible community science monitoring techniques.
* Developing, incubating and distributing hardware and software research tools (and associated methodology) that are low cost, easy to use, and modifiable.
* Collectively applying these tools in research and monitoring projects in particular locales.
* Advocating for community identified goals and objectives by sharing the resulting data and knowledge with peers, regulatory agencies, press and other stakeholders.
###ABOUT FELLOWSHIP TRIOS
Fellowship Trios are financially supported collaborations hosted and facilitated by Public Lab. They advance the impact of community science on critical environmental health topics, such as particulate air pollution, lead pollution in soil and water, and pipeline monitoring.
FELLOWSHIP TRIO GOALS:
Short term: to document current efforts in monitoring, organizing, advocating
Medium term: to advance monitoring tools and organizing and advocacy methods
Long term: to develop network relationships among science organizations, hardware projects & communities, and frontline communities to advance the environmental justice movement
###Current Fellowship Trio:
THE FIRST FELLOWSHIP TRIO WILL FOCUS ON IMPACTS TO WATER QUALITY CAUSED BY THE OIL & GAS INDUSTRY:
- **[Will Macfarlane](https://publiclab.org/profile/wmacfarl)**: [Hardware fellow](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/08-06-2019/seeking-hardware-fellow-for-oil-gas-water-fellowship-trio): This fellowship is an opportunity to advance real-world outcomes of open science hardware used by people to monitor the water quality impacts of the oil & gas industry.
- **[Charlotte Clark](https://publiclab.org/profile/charlotte_clarke#2/29.9/-61.2/)**: [Monitoring Methods Fellow](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/08-06-2019/seeking-monitoring-methods-fellow-for-oil-gas-water-fellowship-trio): This fellowship is an opportunity to research and document methods for organizing and advocating with community-collected data on the water quality impacts of the oil & gas industry.
- **[Rollin Black](https://publiclab.org/profile/rollinrenola)**: [Community Fellow](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/08-06-2019/seeking-community-fellow-for-oil-gas-water-fellowship-trio): This fellowship is an opportunity for an individual embedded in a community with oil & gas industry impacts to work with Public Lab on local water quality concerns related to the industry.
- **[Nick Shapiro](http://publiclab.org/profile/nshapiro)**: Open Air
- **[Read Holman](https://publiclab.org/profile/read_holman)**: Lead Monitoring Network
- **[Mo Langmuir](https://publiclab.org/profile/molangmuir10)**: [Community Mapping Fellow](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/03-15-2019/community-mapping-fellowship)
- **[Sairam Dhandapani](https://publiclab.org/profile/silentsairam)**: [Community Mapping Fellow](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/03-15-2019/community-mapping-fellowship)
- **[Alahna Moore](https://publiclab.org/profile/a1ahna)**: [Oil and Gas Accountability](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/09-05-2018/community-science-oil-and-gas-fellowship)
- **[Lemmy Kamau](https://publiclab.org/profile/kamau19)**: [Frac Sand Sentinel](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/12-10-2018/frac-sand-sentinel-fellowship)
- **[Danielle Stevenson](https://publiclab.org/profile/DanielleS)**: [Community Science Soil Testing ](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/12-07-2018/community-science-soil-testing-fellowship)
* [Ann Chen](https://publiclab.org/profile/ann): [DIY Oil Testing Narratives](http://publiclab.org/notes/klie/09-14-2015/homebrew-fellowship-application-diy-oil-testing-narratives)
* [Matej Vakula](https://publiclab.org/profile/Matej): [Oil Sheen Testing Fellowship](http://publiclab.org/notes/klie/07-13-2015/sprint-fellowship-application-public-lab-oil-sheen-testing)
* [Sreyantha Chary](http://publiclab.org/profile/Sreyanth)
Fellowship: Spectral Workbench macros and recipies
May 20-August 20, 2015, By providing a “Recipes” platform for authoring and sharing step-by-step methods and protocols for specific spectrometric tests, from sample collection to preparation, scanning, and comparison, Chary will pilot the idea of stepwise methodological scaffolding and skill-sharing with potential application across Public Lab tools.
* [Yagiz Sutcu](http://publiclab.org/profile/ygzstc)
Fellowship: Public Lab beta Oil Testing Kit
July 13-October 13, 2015, Yagiz will focus on the evaluation of the Oil Testing Kit capabilities to determine the accuracy with which the prototype Oil Testing Kit spectrometer can measure oil reference materials, and to conduct and synthesize results from a multi-user beta-testing program. For the beta-testing program, he will develop and refine written methods for users to analyze samples and assess uploaded user spectra for accuracy and precision.
* [Don Blair](http://publiclab.org/profile/donblair): Open Water Fellow