Northeast Barnraising 2014
If you are attending, please sign up for one or more committees!
We're looking for 2-3 volunteers to take the lead on our Food Committee, or more popularly known as FOODCOM. The main goal of FOODCOM is to organize a menu, prepare a shopping list and make sure there are leads for each meal. Additionally, it may include asking local grocery stores for donations. If the ask part of FOODCOM is scary to you, but the rest isn't, don't let that hold you back from volunteering! We need your help. If you're interested and want to find out more, please let me know -- I'd like to find a time for us to talk this week.
On the topic of food: To help cover the cost of meals, we're asking everyone to donate $10 per day of attendance, or $20 for the whole weekend. On Friday night we'll be attending a potluck hosted by Jones River Watershed and on Saturday we'll be attending a BBQ hosted by Tidmarsh Farm. However, we plan to feed all the attendees breakfast, lunch and brain snacks on Saturday and Sunday -- the $10/day will help cover that plus Public Lab's contributions to the potluck and BBQ. Please pre-pay here: http://publiclab.org/donate. When you make your donation enter “Northeast Barnraising 2014” in the memo. If you have any specific questions about this, please let me know.
- (unwinding, downtime)
- (tweeting, documenting, reporting out to the online audience as things happen)
Media sharing Lots of people will be taking photos, shared articles/readings, etc. Let's aggregate them here, just edit this page and paste in the link below! Flickr tags: "publiclaboratory" and "NEbarnraising2014". Please remember to share as Creative Commons Attribution at least. We can also host large amounts of files, just contact email@example.com.
PASTE YOUR MEDIA LINKS HERE:
Carpool drivers, especially needed from Boston. This COM will help coordinate rides from MBTA station and from car-pool departure locations, as well as pick up folks who are arriving at non-standard times.
Sean McGinnis from Philly has up to three more seats
- Liz Barry from Manhattan, driving rental van with up to 9 seats
- Jen Hudon and other Massachusetts drivers coordinating carpools
- full schedule spreadsheet here
- Jen + Don. This COM will will collate ideas for sessions (add yours below) and create the schedule grid. There will also be a couple of open sessions for unconference-style organizing.
For more information, check out Tab 1/Calendar on our planning Google Doc.
If you are attending, please add your session ideas.
- Open Water Research
- Import Grassroots Mapping Imagery & Edit in OSM with OSM Boston Meetup
- Meet & Greet the Locals of Plymouth, MA
- recently added and proposed barnstars!
Things to Pack
- Sunscreen & Bug Repellent
- Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- Boots / Wellies
- Flotation Life Vest (if you own one)
House Rules: GoogleDoc
Address: 139 Bartlett Road (same at 137 Bartlett Road), Plymouth, MA 02360.
The industrial barn.
The guest house.
Jones River Landing
Address: 55 Landing Road Kingston, MA 02364