This is a holding page for featured content (banners, blurbs, etc) which we'll be using around the website. Please follow the format provided in the template below:
- Upload a suitable image (see tips, below) to this wiki page. (uploading here will generate multiple sizes which we use in the published feature)
- Provide very short text to display as a Title and optional Subtitle
- Indicate what URL the feature should link to
- Mark when this should be posted (1 week warning ideally) and when it should come down (if applicable)
- Email email@example.com with all of this information and a link to your image on this page.
Note: we may request edits or alternative images before it's ready to post.
- Good images have good contrast, but are not too busy that text won't read well. If you're not sure, upload a few.
- Images should be at least 750px wide and roughly 3x wider than tall.
- Images should NOT have text or other edits on top; the text will be added separately.
- Text needs to be REALLY SHORT to fit. Think: title of 3 words, next line <8 words
- Either overall light or overall dark images work best, as we'll put either white or black text over them.
Upload images here under a unique heading (formatted as
###Heading), and include a link in your request. Be sure we can figure out which photo you want.
(Note that this can easily have text laid over and remain readable)
Dates: Feb 15th - (can be up until July really)
Text: Stormwater Workshop Series: New Orleans
Live Call: FOIA & environmental data
Text: February 3, 3pm ET
Date to upload: Jan 25
Build a Spectrometer!
Date to upload: 3/27/15
Pole Mapping Event!
Date to upload: 4/2/15
Gulf Coast Spring Fling
March 14th in New Orleans
Date to upload: 2/23/15
NEW Pole Mapping Kits!
Date to upload: April 1st 2015